Fabric preparation

I work often with cellulose…with cotton. So, that’s my starting point.

I learned from Michel Garcia to prepare the fabric with either aluminum acetate, or combine that with tannin. I tried three different versions…A) dip in tannin, then aluminum acetate, B) dip in aluminum acetate and C) dip in aluminum acetate, then tannin. The tannin that I have is quite dark, so it gave some color to the fabric. I think that option B) is probably the truest color although it won’t be as light fast as either of the tannin options.

And, I’m testing with small amounts…small pieces of fabric and small amounts of dye stuff. And, I opted to use dead headed material…that was my preference because I want to enjoy the flowers.

I tested coreopsis first…I picked deadheads from my neighbor (ssssh!) And, I found that I did get some dye result with dead heads.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s